Thursday, June 2, 2011

Want to be blessed?

God's Word gives us a clear principal here:



Luke 6:38



38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”



When we gibe it should not be for the sole reason of receiving something back. We should give our of the joy of our hearts and the abundance God has blessed us with. But God tells us here that when we give it will also be given to us. Look at the description given about how God will give to us back. He will give us a good measure and not cut us off short! Have you ever bought something that was measured out. Then you got home and it was cut off short? I know I have but our God does not do that to us! Next he says pressed down. I think of an ice cream cone here. You can press the ice cream down in the cone to get all the customer paid for or you can put the scoop on top....God presses the blessings down to give us all He can! Shaken together reminds me of sifting sand when our mission team was in Haiti. We shook the sand to get the impurities out and then we shook the cement mix and sand together to create the mix to put block walls up. When the sand and cement are apart the fall apart easily but when together they become strong. God makes us strong with his blessings for I am weak but He is strong. My God sustains me! Then the Word says running over. My oh my how God has filled my cup with blessing until it is running over! My needs have always been met and I praise the Almighty God for that. In the last part of this verse though I want you to catch this. It can be seen as a warning to us. The way we give is the way God will give to us. Hmmmm could it be we are not blessed because we are not blessing others? Something to think about!



Be blessed and give joyfully!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment