Friday, July 27, 2012

Worship #5




Continuing with the theme of worship, today I want to look at worship when things go wrong. For most of us worship is very difficult when things are going down hill. But it can be done and we must worship for usually in the time of testing is when we will grow the most. For a great example of this we nee to look at the life of Joesph in Genesis. You will have to read this on your own and can be found in Genesis chapter 37-47. I know that is a good chunk to read but trust me it will be worth your time!



What you will find out when you read those chapters is that Joseph was betrayed by his brothers, sold into slavery, accused of adultery, thrown into prison. Wow talk about a rough life. But there is a key thread that runs through all of Joesph's story and it is this:



Genesis 39:3

And his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all he did to prosper in his hand.



Genesis 39:21

But the LORD was with Joseph and showed him mercy, and He gave him favor in the sight of the keeper of the prison.



Genesis 39:23

The keeper of the prison did not look into anything that was under Joseph’s authority, because the LORD was with him; and whatever he did, the LORD made it prosper.



Genesis 41:16

16 So Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, “It is not in me; God will give Pharaoh an answer of peace.”



Genesis 41:39-41

39 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.” 41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”





Genesis 45:5

5 But now, do not therefore be grieved or angry with yourselves because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life.



Genesis 45:8

8 So now it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.



God was always with Joesph....in bad times and the good times! We must realize like Joesph did that sometimes the bad is used as a good in the end! God is always at work.



Worship is based on God Himself not on circumstances that change constantly. Remember this verse:



Romans 8:28



28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.



And these verses from Isaiah:



Isaiah 55:8-9





8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,

Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.

9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

So are My ways higher than your ways,

And My thoughts than your thoughts.



God is worthy of worship at all times no matter what the circumstances! Give Him worship!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment