Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Leading others to Christ with the Holy Spirit!




Faith sharing seems to be lacking in most believers life. My friends this should not be so. I want you to ask your self right now, who have I told about Jesus in the past year? If you can't remember anybody, you have work to do! We all have work to do I am sure! We can all share Jesus more!



1. We all should have a burden for the lost!



Think about it this way, if they don't accept Jesus, they go to hell. Now think of how many friends, co-workers, and family you know that don't know Jesus. Does it bother you that they will go to hell with out Jesus? It should and if it doesn't well their are other issues you may need to deal with. Tell them about Jesus! Everyone you can!



2. You must be led by the Holy Spirit.



When we are following Christ with our lives obediently, we will recognize the Spirits lead! Reading our bibles, praying, and keeping our eyes and ears open for opportunities are key in witnessing and being able to sense the Spirits leading. For example, many times I sense a nudging to talk about Jesus when I an duck hunting with friends. I then have a choice, do I open my mouth or keep it closed. To be obedient to the Spirits moving I must open it!



3. Be obedient!



I covered this under #2 but it is key! It is not enough to know what God wants us to do, we must respond! God brought the early church many opportunities to lead others to Christ....thank God they were obedient! We must be too!



4. Know scripture.



It is very important you know scripture so you can share the Word of God with them, not opinions! The Roman road is great for sharing your faith. Check these verses out: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9-10, 10:13...I also like to use 1 John 1:9.



If the person don't believe the bible is the Word of God, use it anyways! It is TRUTH!



Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.



Why God chooses to use us is beyond me! But He does. It is interesting to note that in the New Testament that no person came to Christ with out a human agent of some sort involved. God wants to use you....are you going to listen to the Holy Spirit and be used?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment