Thursday, September 20, 2012

What are your priorities?




The Holy Spirit has a plan for you today. You have a plan for today. So who wins out? If our lives are in tune with God the answer is easy...the Holy Spirit. But if we are not in tune with God self will win out. Being on fire for God takes so much discipline and self denial. Think about this question, What if you knew today was your last day on earth? How would you sum up your ministry for the Lord? Would others have any doubt you are a follower of Christ? How much of God's Word have you learned? How much regret would you look back on your life about? All these have to do with our priorities. How did you do on answering these?



One of the most important jobs of a believer is sharing the good news of Jesus. Paul summed up the importance with these words:



Acts 20:26

26 Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men.



2 Timothy 4:6-8

6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.



I wish I could say that! I know I have let witnessing opportunities slip through my fingers many times. I will answer for that one day. Those days my priorities were in the wrong place! I am working for the Lord now but I must let the Holy Spirit lead me and not miss out on the race set before me! I just want to remind you here that our job is not to convert people, only God can do that, our job is to share the gospel so folks have the opportunity to be saved!



I want to encourage you this morning to examine your priorities in your life right now. Are you a faithful servant of God? God wants us to give our all not just half-hearted service to him. It is our choice!



2 Chronicles 16:9A

9A. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment