Monday, January 28, 2013

Here Am I!




God calls each of us into service to Himself. The calls will be specific to each one of us. To me it may be to preach to another it may be to teach and yet to another it may be to administration only God knows what He will call each of us to. The question for each one of us this morning is will we answer the call? Here is a couple of folks who did:





Exodus 3:4

4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”

And he said, “Here I am.”



Isaiah 6:8

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:



“Whom shall I send,

And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”



Each of these great men of the bible answered the call of God. While Moses took some convincing, Isaiah was a ready vessel once he repented of his sin. We are much the same aren't we? Some are called by God and jump in right away and serve, serve, serve! Then their are others who try to come up with all the excuses we can of why we can't serve God, but none of these excuses are good enough and we eventually get on board and serve. Then their are those who just won't serve at all. For those in this condition, a heart check is in order. If we have no desire to serve God we may not have God in our heart at all! This is a dangerous spot to be in! Eternity may be at stake!



So let me ask you this morning, have you told God "Here am I! Send me."? Remember these words from Jesus:



Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment