Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lessons from Ecuador 2013 #6





Are you prejudice?



On final thought about my mission trip to Ecuador. When I was growing up I had some prejudices develop in my life. I am not sure how they got there. I guess I heard it from others and slowly developed them for my self. No matter what though I have to answer for myself. Through my high school years I believe I put most of those prejudices behind me. I found many friends of different color and backgrounds. As I have grown in my relationship to Christ it is clear in the bible that we are all the same. We all descended from Adam and Eve, our skin color may be different, or we many not talk the same, but God says we are created in His image:



Genesis 1:27

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.



The above verse should be enough for any of us to get over our prejudices. Think about it. Going to Ecuador, this is my third time, has helped me see even more how much God loves every single one of us. God desires that none of us should perish:



2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.



Think about that. God loves all of His creation. We should love all those whom God has created in His image. In Ecuador I have found some folks who will love me forever, I have also met a few who do not like me. All I can do is continue to share God's love with them. God will take care of the rest. It is the same for us here at home. Some desire for me to share God's Word and love them, some do not. My job is to be faithful to what God has told ALL of us to do....GO AND MAKE DISCIPLES! I see no provisions for color, race, sex, religion, or anything else.



So let me ask you this morning, are you prejudice? Will you share Jesus with others? It is really not an option according to God's Word. So what are you waiting on? Remember God doesn't want any to perish in hell and neither should we.



Thank you my Ecuadorian friends for helping me see more of Jesus through you. I love you!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment