Tuesday, August 20, 2013

True Love!




Most Christians would say "I love Jesus!" Do you? We can know if we do or not according to the scriptures. Read theses:



John 14:15

“If you love Me, keep My commandments."



John 14:21



"He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”



John 14:23



Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."



John 14:24



He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.Pretty simple to figure out if we truly love Jesus or not, we obey HIS WORD.



Jesus told us the two greatest commandments, and if we can keep these two we basically cover all the commandments. Here they are:



Matthew 22:36-39



36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.



So do you love Jesus? Do you love God with all you got, and do you love others? Do you obey the Word of God? Answer these questions and you can answer if you love Jesus or not!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment