Friday, August 16, 2013

Wide gate to destruction!




For sometime now the Lord keeps bringing these verses back to my mind, so I must share them with you. I believe Jesus did not waste words. He tells us about the gates for a reason, as a warning to take very seriously. Read these verses:



Matthew 7:13-14



13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.





Luke 13:23-25



23 Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”

And He said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’



Don't miss this point:



Narrow gate--few who find it

Wide gate--many who go in by it.



Do you think Jesus just threw that out there for no reason? I don't. It is a stern warning. Many claim to have Jesus in their hearts but continue to live like the world. These are the folks Jesus was referring to when He says in Luke 13:25 "I do not know you". In my opinion our churches are full of folks in this situation. Many folks who study these types of things say over 50% of folks in our churches are not going in the narrow gate! OUCH!



The narrow gate is a difficult life. A changed life. A new life. A life characterized by being different than the world. Ask yourself this morning, can others see Jesus in me or do I look like the world. That is a big indicator of where we are in Christ!



Let me close with this, did you see the question in Luke 13:23? “Lord, are there few who are saved?” I wish Jesus would have just come out and said "Yes! Most will be saved!" But He did not. FEW FIND IT!



Think on this today. Evaluate yourself. If you are right with God...AWESOME! If not get right! The help others get right!



God bless, Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment