Thursday, April 24, 2014

Are you following Jesus? #21




Yesterday we talked about Jesus receiving all authority from God and that He is the judge and will send folks to hell who don't follow Him and Lord and Savior! Well today we get to see the other side of that coin, being judge He also will welcome you into heaven if you give your life to Him!



Look at these promises of Jesus:



John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.



John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.





John 14:1-3

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.



Praise the Lord! verses to rejoice in for the believer. Over and over again in scripture Jesus makes it clear that joy and eternity await those who turn from sinful self to loving Savior! That should get your day started with a smile!



When are a follwer and have this full confidence of heaven awaiting us it makes perfect sense to also be able to say these words from the bible:



Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.



Heaven is the ultimate place....it will be a huge gain when we enter and get out of this sin filled world!



When we truly believe in heaven and hell, it WILL change the way we live for we will know the tragedy of hell and the hope of heaven. it should propel us to get the message out to all that eternity awaits for all of us, the question is will it be in heaven or hell? How can we not be sharing the news of Jesus and trying to help others come to Jesus??????



Here is your question to ponder for today...can we truly say we are followers of Jesus and His Word but not share the gospel? Jesus said:





John 14:15

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.



Is this a commandment?





Matthew 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.



Could it possibly be if we are not doing this that Jesus may say this to us?





Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’



Who does the will of my Father? We know part of God's will is to share Jesus. Hmmmmm



Thank you for heaven my Lord, may I busy about the Fathers' business today.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment