Thursday, January 22, 2015

Mouth!!#7



Today I want us again to thunk about what comes from God's mouth and the importance of His Word. How many of you like food very much? I sure know I do. I wish I didn't like it as much as I do! So as a consequence of liking food so much we have to control ourselves or weight gain will happen. Depending on what we eat we can also have other health problems if we are eaten things that are not healthy for us! Check out the importance of what comes from God's mouth here:

Job 23:12
12 I have not departed from the commandment of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.

Now here is a question for us to ponder to ourselves...Do I treasure God's Word more than food? Ouch! I sure don't miss a meal but I have missed reading God's Word some days. So what does that tell me I treasure more? God has blessed me with enough food and if something needs to be skipped for me I could skip a meal but never should I cut out God's Word!

I pray my walk with God will be as strong as Job's so I can say I have not departed for God's Words or commandments! How about you?

So take some time today and think about the value of God's Word. Where is His Word in your life as in of importance? May we never neglect what God has told us is to be of utmost importance as it is our guide for the abundant life!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment