Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Of the world or of God?



In a recent bible study I ran across this quote:

“I believe that one reason why the church of God at this present moment hasso little influence over the world is because the world has so much influenceover the church .... Put your finger on any prosperous page in the Church’shistory, and [you] will find a little marginal note [that says]: ‘In this age [people]could readily see where the Church began and where the world ended.’”Charles Spurgeon

With the events in Baltimore, the rioting and lawlessness, I ask us this morning where is the church? How many of those that took part in the riots call themselves "Christians"? If this was to take place in our home towns would the results the any different? As followers of Jesus we are to be different. Leaders, peaceful, obeying God and the laws of the land. We are to stand against lawlessness!!! Look at this scripture:

2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1 
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousnesswith lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord hasChrist with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of
the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walkamong them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore
go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch
no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and
you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.” Since wehave these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.

I pray for Baltimore and other areas of lawlessness, I pray the light of followers of Jesus would shine for it is the only way these problems can be solved. A new heart, the heart of Jesus. So my brothers and sisters may we stand against the devil and do what is right no matter the cost. I applaud the few that went out last night in Baltimore and stood for whats right even in harms way! May more do the same and may we support them!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment