Thursday, June 4, 2015

Is God ashamed of me?





Ran across this verse as I was doing my devotion this morning:

“But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared for them a city.” Hebrews 11:16

Wow just think about that for a moment. God can be ashamed to be called our God. I think about that on a personal level and I also think about it on a national level. Is God ashamed of me? Is God ashamed of our nation? We each have to answer for ourselves but as for our nation I believe I am safe to say God is ashamed of us and the morals we now have. We have taken Him out of everything exactly opposite of what He desires. 

So let us look at the verse above a little close. What can we learn from it that shows God won’t be ashamed of us?

Desire a better country-heaven. Do you desire heaven or this world? You see this one point shows where our heart truly is….desiring to be with God or something else! When we desire to be with God He then is not ashamed of us! 

2. God loves us so much He is working for us. God has prepared a city just for us! Those who follow Jesus! It will be like nothing we have ever dreamed of! Remember these words from Jesus: “in my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” Wow what a promise!

So this morning let us take some time to look at ourselves and determine what we are desiring the world or God? It will determine if God is ashamed of you or not!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment