Monday, January 18, 2016

Can’t understand the bible?



Over the years I have had many people tell me they just don’t understand much of the bible. I was once in the same boat myself. You see the deeper things of the bible are revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit dwells in you when you give Jesus your life as Lord and Savior. That is a key point. As long as we are in the flesh (remaining in our sin) we can not understand the deeper truths of the bible. That is what Paul is saying here:

1 Corinthians 3 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, 3 for you are still of the flesh.

So where do you stand in your relationship with Jesus this morning? Are you a follower or just an admirer? The difference is huge and has a great impact on how much of the Word of God you can truly understand. Milk or Meat???

Get out of the flesh and deep into Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment