Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Being holy is doing what Jesus said!



I think this point is pretty obvious but I am afraid many professing believers do not habitually do what Jesus told us to do! It is impossible to become more sanctified without obeying Jesus! 

JC Ryle said in talking about the words of Jesus: “He who supposes they were spoken without the intention od promoting holiness, and that a Christian need not to attend to them in his daily life--is really little better than a lunatic; and at any rate is a grossly ignorant person.”

I agree whole heartedly!

To sum it up very simply, our Master said: John 15:14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.

Do you know of another way to become more holy other than following the commands of Jesus? Neither do I!!!!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment