Monday, October 9, 2017

We are so weak!



Thomas Kempis said: “How great is the frailty of the human nature which is ever prone to evil! Today you confess your sins and tomorrow you again commit the sins which you confessed. One moment you resolve to be careful, and yet after an hour you act as though you had made no resolution.”

Ouch! Thats hits to close to home doesn’t it? It reminds me of what Paul said: 

Romans 7:15
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.

We are so weak on our own! I have good news though…we can have help and overcome!

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

That power of Christ is the Holy Spirit that dwells in each believer! In ourselves we are weak but in Jesus we can overcome all sin with the power of the Holy Spirit!

Let us be overcomes this day!!! Thank you Holy Spirit for providing all the power we need if we will just surrender to you!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment