Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Under Control?



As followers of Jesus we have an obligation to keep ourselves under control as we serve our Lord.

1 Corinthians 9:27 

27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Don’t miss a few things here:

  1. Discipline your body-that means you will have to deny yourself things you know God says stay away from!
  2. Bring it into subjection-that means bring your body under control. If something is out of wack, with the power of the Holy Spirit, you can get it under control!
  3. Preached to others-we have a job of sharing Jesus!!! If we are sinning others don’t want to listen to us.
  4. Become disqualified-as I said above we are no different than the lost world than folks don’t want Jesus! Let us be like Jesus!

So are you under control? You can be with the help of God!!! Let’s do this!


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment