Monday, November 22, 2010

Getting wiser?

I hope we listen to this verse!



Proverbs 19:20

20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction,

That you may be wise in your latter days.



I have taken this verse to heart, have you? I realized some years back that we need to listen to our elders. Of course I was taught this at a young age but as most youth I did not listen too close until I got into my mid twenties. Reading my Bible also taught me a great deal because God mentions many times to listen to those who are older than us and who are godly. Why is it at a young age we think we are so smart and then as we get older we realize we are so dumb and should have listened more to those that are older than us including our parents! God makes it clear in the verse for today that we are to listen carefully and receive what we are told. Now don't miss this....many times we hear what is said but we don't receive it. We let it go in one ear and out the other. Grasp hold of the instruction of those around you. When we do this it will make us wise in our old age! My how I wish I would have grasped this at an early age. My hard headedness cost me in many areas of my life until I finally caught on! I still have much to learn but I have learned this verse and will listen and receive godly wisdom from others!



Now the question is.....will you?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment