Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Strong drink!

A clear warning from God's Word:



Proverbs 20:1

1 Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler,

And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.



God's Word makes it very clear about the unwise choice of drinking. I want you to think about something for a moment with me this morning. How many folks that you know that drink alcoholic beverages drinks just one? I don't know any. The reason most folks drink is to get the buzz. And when it messes with your mind that is exactly where it becomes sin. I have been around my share of drinking and God describes it so well in this first verse. When some get to drinking too much wine guess what they want to do mock you or argue with you. Even over stuff they have no clue to what they are talking about. How many times have you been around someone who is drinking and the next thing you know they want to fight! They can whip everyone or so they think!



In the next verse God sums it up for us....if we are led astray by drinking we are not wise. I think we had better think about what the Word of God says and respond accordingly!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment