Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Not about money!

I am glad to be back. After my trip to Haiti I have been sick and now I am trying to get caught up at work! God is so good and I missed these devotions so let jump right in!



Proverbs 19:1

1 Better is the poor who walks in his integrity,

Than one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.



I seen this first hand in Haiti. The people there are just trying to survive from day to day. They are the definition of poor. We are so blessed here. Something simple like a clean drink of water that we take for granted many folks in Haiti can not find. With that being said we met many folks of integrity. Who are trying to do the right thing everyday. I seen folks who love God with all their heart. Before we went to work each day building concrete block huts, we would gather with out Haitian brothers and sisters and sing hymns and pray before we started the day. You could feel God in our midst. Sometimes I wonder if we miss God because we are blessed and things get in our way. When one is poor they have no where else to try and turn too. Something to think about.



The second part of this verse we also seen in Haiti. I had a man come up to me and ask me with hand signals if I wanted to have sex with this girl that was with him. I tried my best to explain I was married and a follower of God. A while later I seen this man and he was looking my way laughing with some other men, I have a good idea they were laughing at me but we must stand strong for our Lord. When our talk is perverse, our ways are perverse and we are fools and will have to answer to God one day. I prayed for this young man and girl and still am asking God to work in their life.



So lets make sure we are walking in integrity this morning and not walking in the way of the fool!



God bless....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment