Monday, November 29, 2010

Treat mom and dad good!

God's Word speaks!



Proverbs 19:26

26 He who mistreats his father and chases away his mother,

Is a son who causes shame and brings reproach. 



I hope your Thanksgiving was awesome! I also hope that your family time was good and had nothing even close of what this verse is talking about! As I thought a little on this verse this morning I realized that any one that I know of who mistreats their father or mother are not very good folks. Have you ever heard anyone say" I am so proud of Johnny, He smacked his daddy and then kicked his mom out of the house!" Of course not. God in His Word is very clear we are to respect and honor our parents. God makes it clear in this verse it is shameful and brings reproach or disgrace upon the one who mistreats his parents!



It really get under my skin these days to hear kids as well as adults mistreat their parents or grandparents! God says it is wrong and we had better heed His Word!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment