Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Do you have enough?

This verse mad me do some thinking this morning:



Ecclesiastes 5:10

10 Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!



Do you have enough money? The first response of most of us would be "NO I don't have enough money!" We always seem to think that we need more. I read some statistics recently that said everyone up to those who made 5 million dollars did not think they were rich and thought they needed more money! Wow. Did you know if you have a job, a car, house, and food on the table you are in the top 4% of richest people in the world? God 's Word tells us to be content in what ever situation we are in:



Philippians 4:11

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content:



God also warns that riches brings difficulties:



Matthew 19:24

And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”



Do we really need more temptation in our lives??? Money brings problems!



As the verse in Ecclesiastes above tells us money does not bring happiness. True happiness is found in Jesus and following Him in truth and love. Nothing I repeat nothing brings more satisfaction in life than serving the King of Kings and Lord of Lords for that is why we were made!!!



Think a little on this today...it is worth your time!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment