Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Have you chosen the good part?

Sorry I have been away for a bit. The storms that we had caused some damage in our area so the church was out helping clean up. Then I went to Michigan to visit my family. I hope you have been well while I have been gone!



Today let us look at these verses in Luke:



Luke 10:38-42



38 Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.”

41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”



I hope we are like Mary! So many times in life we get distracted and miss what Jesus wants from us most.....worship. Jesus wants us to spend quality time with Him in His Word! That is what Mary was doing. Now Martha thought she was doing what she should be doing. How many times do we do that? God's Word says she was "serving"! Nothing bad about that is there? Well it is kinda like this....Martha was doing a good thing but the best thing was right in front of her...Jesus! How many times do we do the good thing instead of the best thing??? How many times do we look at someone else and say....hey get busy! When maybe they are truly doing the best thing in worshiping Jesus! Martha wanted help but Jesus told her Mary is doing right and I believe hinted that Martha should be doing the same!



So this morning we all need to ask ourselves....have we chosen the good part of worshiping Christ?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment