Friday, May 20, 2011

Graduation day!

Well here in Waverly, today is graduation day for our High School seniors. Today is a great deal of excitement for the graduates and for me too. I am so very proud of what these kids have accomplished. But yet today is a sad day for me too. I have been with many of these kids from middle school all they way through high school and as they move on to college and jobs it feels as though a part of me is moving on too. I also have a nephew, Wes, in Michigan who will be graduating soon. What an awesome young man he has turned out to be. God has blessed me so much with the seniors of Waverly and my nephew.



As I was thinking about these seniors I asked myself what scripture would I share with them. God brought to me these scriptures:



Proverbs 3:5-6 (New King James Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,

And lean not on your own understanding;

6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,

And He shall direct your paths.



These scriptures are the ingredients of a successful life. #1 Trust in the Lord with all your heart! Remember God says ALL not half or a quarter. God wants you to totally trust Him with all of your heart. Have you done that? #2 Lean not on your own understanding. This is so very important. As you move onto college and work, many people are going to influence you. Many times we get to a point where we think we know more than God! Don't trust your own or others opinions...trust God and His Word ONLY!!! If it doesn't agree with what the Word says...run from it!!!! #3 In everything acknowledge God. You will have great times....give God the glory. You will have bad times praise God for seeing through them! #4 If you do these things God will direct your paths. Their is nobody else you want guiding your path than God. He wants to guide you but you must put Him in the drivers seat!



Class of 2011.....you change the world. If you put God first and follow Jesus you WILL change the world. I will always be here for you and I love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for being a part of my life!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment