Friday, June 1, 2012

Word of God speak




Continuing on with songs that speak to my heart. The song today "Word of God speak" by Mercy Me touched me the the first time I ever heard it. Listen and worship this morning.





God's Word is so important. I can't stress enough of how we need to be reading it everyday. God desires fellowship with His children. He wants to speak to us. He wants to here from us. It amazes me how many folks have never completely read their Bibles! The most important book in a believers life. Does that say something about our belief? It should be of no surprise that the longest chapter in the Bible is Psalms 119....guess what the entire chapter is about? Know God's Word and how important it is!



So are you letting God speak to you through His Word....if not start today my friend!



Psalm 119:1-8





119 Blessed are the undefiled in the way,

Who walk in the law of the Lord!

2 Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,

Who seek Him with the whole heart!

3 They also do no iniquity;

They walk in His ways.

4 You have commanded us

To keep Your precepts diligently.

5 Oh, that my ways were directed

To keep Your statutes!

6 Then I would not be ashamed,

When I look into all Your commandments.

7 I will praise You with uprightness of heart,

When I learn Your righteous judgments.

8 I will keep Your statutes;

Oh, do not forsake me utterly!



Romans 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.



2 Timothy 2:15

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.



Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.



1 John 2:14

I have written to you, fathers, Because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, And you have overcome the wicked one.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment