Monday, February 3, 2014

The big game is over!




Millions and millions of dollars spent on a football game. Millions and millions gathered around television sets to watch the game and the commercials. What will all this mean when our end on this earth comes???? Wasted time and money unless you used it as an opportunity to witness for Jesus. Think about it!



Many years ago the Lord convicted me about my obsession with Michigan football. I would get all geared up for the game, talk a bunch of smack, and if they won it was a great day for me! But if they lost it would literally ruin my whole day. I would be in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Well God got a hold of me about that. Basically He told me football or any other sport or hobby is useless compared to Him and I had better get my priorities in order. I did!



I watched the game yesterday and agitated many of my friends about Peyton Manning but I really could care less who won although I was pulling for the Seahawks lol! As I watched I just thought how much better all the money being spent could have been used for those who are in need or maybe even the debt our country is in! I also was thinking what if all those who claim to be Christians were using the time to win people to Jesus or to have a bible study to draw closer to the Lord. So many went home disappointed with game last night but if they had Jesus they would have went home rejoicing over salvation!



Think about these verses today:


Romans 12:1-2

12 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.



What was God's will for us yesterday? To glorify and worship Him.

What is God's will for us today? To glorify and worship Him.



Are we doing that in all we do? He doesn't want part of us, He wants all of us! He hates lukewarmness! Makes Him want to vomit.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment