Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Is God all you need in hard times?



Having friends, family, and church family is awesome. I have often wondered how I would have made it through some difficult situations with out them. 

Thomas Kempis makes an interesting observation in his book The Imitation of Christ: “When a man of god will is afflicted, tempted, and tormented by evil thoughts, he realizes clearly that his greatest need is God, without Whom he can do no good.”

I would have to agree, while friends and family can comfort, only God can give the power to heal and overcome. So in reality God is ALL we need and He is EVERYTHING we need!!! Amen?

Remember what Jesus said: John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.

Some other relevant verses:

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

So let us remember…God is truly all we need!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment