Monday, August 21, 2017

Singing to Praise the Lord



One of my favorite ways to praise the Lord is by singing to Him and about 
Him. Matter of fact as I have matured in my faith, music that glorifies God is about all I listen to and I sing right along with them! Why would I listen to anything that God tells us is sin…drunkenness, adultery, ect.

For some reason many choose not to lift their voices to God in praise. Why is this? Many say because they can not sing but this is not a good excuse as quality has nothing to do with it, it is what is coming from the heart! Look at this verse:

Psalm 100 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!

I don’t see anything here about quality, just gladness in the heart! When I know what Jesus has done for me upon that cross, there is nothing but praises to sing!!!

The bible is full of verses talking about singing praises to the Lord, so let us not be found lacking here! 

Now there may be times when you can not sing out loud like the library or in your office but you can still do it!!!

1 Corinthians 14:15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.

There is nothing in life quit like lifting up praises to our God and oh how He enjoys hearing our praises to Him to glorify HIs name!!! So let it out! Let the world know about our King Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment