Monday, August 28, 2017

Why are you doing that?



Helping someone out is awesome! We should do this often. As followers of Jesus the love we have for people should push us to help. It should not be the help itself that pushes us but what is reason we are helping. It should be out of love!

Thomas Kempis said: “God weighs the love with which a man acts rather than the deep itself.”

The Word of God touches on this as well: 1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Do you love people??? Even those whom you disagree with or don’t even like???

Remember these words from Jesus: Matthew 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

So let everything we say and do be in love for we are followers of Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment