Monday, June 29, 2009

Satisfaction!





What a blessing this morning. I walked out the door and it was actually cool! Thank you Jesus for the refreshing morning. I had a great weekend...I hope you did also.

We have been looking at Isaiah 58:2-14....If you haven't been keeping up it may be helpful to go back and read previous devotions. This one today is a great way to start off the week. Remember God has told us if we are sharing the love of Christ in us with others blessings will come and here he continues that. Here is the verse for today:


11 The LORD will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

Ahhh what refreshing words! When we are in Christ and sharing His blessings He has given us, God takes care of us!! The first thing this verse tells us is God will guide you always. Does that even sink in? The God of this universe cares about you and will guide you. What an awesome Father! He will satisfy your needs even in a place where needs are hard to meet. I can speak for myself. God has always met my needs...ALWAYS. Even in times where I was wondering if God was meeting my needs I can look back now and see without a shadow of a doubt He was. Keep in my mind God will meet your needs but not your wants! Then this verse goes on to say He will strengthen your frame. I can't count how many times God has given me strength to get through the troubling waters of life. More times than I can count. One day soon I would like to just lay that out there and see how God has strengthend you in times of need....just a way to praise God for His love and care for us.

Finally this verse ends by reminding us of the water of life....Jesus. Remember these words:

John 4:13-14

13 Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, 14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

When we are in Christ our water source never fails and I have seen this so many times in my life. When I am getting a little dry I grab the Word and pray...and my water source ALWAYS hydrates me...thank you Jesus!

I hope this mornings study blessed you as much as it has me....God is so good!

Have a great Monday...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment