Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One mind.

Good morning to all...I hope this finds everyone doing well. As I was having my quiet time today I came to this one verse that kept coming back to my mind so I wanted to share it with you all and make a few comments. Here it is:

8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous;

This is really a pretty simple verse. But yet it has so much to say. I think the real question is are we obeying it? As it starts out with finally you need to go back and read what was written before this verse. I just want to concentrate this morning though on whats in this verse.

Here Peter is talking to the early church..so when he is talking about being of one mind and he says ALL of you he is refering to the church...the believers in Christ. I pray they were more of one mind than we are!! Think about the unity of churches today. How many denominations are there? How many different churches are there? As Christians...the church today we need to have that one mind. The mind of Christ working twards perfection. The church today is so worried about being "the church" that we are failing miserably at reaching the lost and loving people like Christ has told us to do.

This verse goes on to say "having compassion for one another". Some churches are great at this and others are not. Ask yourself this morning....am I compassionate? Do I really care for my brothers and sisters in Christ? Do I care for those who are lost and dying and headed for hell? If you answered yes can you prove it? What are you doing to show compassion? Words are cheap but actions are costly!

The verse then uses words like "love, tender hearted, and courteous". Think on thses words. Does it desrcibe your church....does it describe you? On the word courteos this is what came to my mind. Have you ever been to a church visiting and sat in someone's seat? They may not have asked you to move but they made it clear you were in "their seat"! Is this the love and courteousy Jesus wants us to show others??? I know this is a very minor thing in the walks of life but if we can't handle the small things we sure can't handle the big things and I believe to Christ everything is important.

So folks I guess what I am trying to say is if we are the church are those who are not of the church seeing the one mind Christ wants us to have?? Our actions speak much louder than our words!!

God bless each of you...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment