Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Strength....Let God hear you!!!

Good morning everyone. I mentioned a short time ago I would like to use the devotion to praise the Lord in how He has strengthened you in a situation. Here is a verse I love:

Psalm 18:1-3

Psalm 18
To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David the servant of the LORD, who spoke to the LORD the words of this song on the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. And he said:

1 I will love You, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Read it again! Can you say the same? I know I can. God has given me strength so many times I can't count that high. I am gonna share a story in my life of how God strengthened me in a great time of need. I want you to share your story and together we will praise the Lord on high for His love, mercy and strength. So here we go:

It was in March of 1998 and my wife was pregnant with my son. She had already had some complications and was on bed rest. If I recall right we had went to the hospital a couple of times with contractions and the doctors were becoming worried that she was not going to make full term with this pregnancy. They started to give her steroid shots to help develop the lungs of my son. Well sure enough at 30 weeks my son decided it was time to come into this world. For those of you who are unfamiliar with pregnancy He would be 10 weeks early and at the earliest the doctors want to get to 32 weeks. My wife went into labor on March 23 of 1998 at 2:00 p.m. They rushed us from Union City hospital to Jackson Madison as they have a Premature baby unit there. At 4:00 p.m. Tom Eric Jehnzen,JR was born. That's right in two hours!!! We call him Eric. He was only on oxygen over night and basically had no major problems. During this time and during the next 30 days in which he was in the hospital God gave me the strength each and every day to know everything was going to be ok. To be honest he gave me a peace beyond my own understanding. I should have been worried to death but I wasn't and the only explanation for that is God. Thank you Jesus for strength no matter what we are facing in life. Here is a picture of Eric today....you sure can't tell he was a premie!!

Photobucket



So now it is your turn...how has God strengthened you??? Tell others too I want us to give God some praise!!!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment