Thursday, February 24, 2011

Are you opening your mouth?

Not long ago I wrote a devotion on this subject but God's Word has spoken again on this subject and I want to share it with you. Please read these verses.



Proverbs 31:8-9



8 Open your mouth for the speechless,

In the cause of all who are appointed to die.

9 Open your mouth, judge righteously,

And plead the cause of the poor and needy.



These verses speak for themselves. The speechless are those who have no voice in our society. The unborn, the poor, the elderly, those who are being persecuted for their faith, and you can put in others that fit into this category. God tells us to speak up for them and to take a stand! The more I read my Bible the more God points out to me to speak and stand for the poor and the needy. I think of Jesus taking a stand for the woman caught in adultery. That is to be our example.



Please take time to think on this verse this morning and let God's Word speak to you.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment