Monday, February 28, 2011

Good ole Monday!

Well sometimes you get up to a wild Monday. That happened to me this morning. First of all we have some pretty good storms roll through complete with tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings. Over the weekend my wife and I cleaned out the washer and dryer closet in anticipation of the delivery of the new washer and dryer we bought last Monday. They told us it would be delivered today. I took my daughter to school in the pouring rain and when I got back home there was a message on the answering machine. Guess what it said???? "Your washer and dryer have not come in yet and will be delivered next Monday!" What??? We had prepared everything for delivery today and did not do any laundry all weekend long because we had taken the old washer and dryer out! Now another week? I think you get the picture. Ever had one of these Mondays? You may be having one right now. I was getting ready to call Lowes and voice my concerns when this verse came to mind:



1 Peter 5:7

7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.



As I thought about this verse and my crazy Monday so far, I thought that in reality this is no big deal and God is in control. I thought about how many folks are having a much worse day than me. Some are fighting cancer, some are hungry, some have no roof over there head, some have no family, and I could list a million more blessings. All I need to remember today is cast my problems to God, He cares about me! Guess what He cares about you too so turn everything over to God on this Monday. Who better to handle my difficulties than God???? No one!



Slow down a little and remember 1 Peter 5:7 on this Monday!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment