Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Made me think of my Jesus.

When I read this verse this morning, my mind automatically thought of Jesus when He was ministering here on this earth of ours. Check out this verse:



Proverbs 29:10



10 The bloodthirsty hate the blameless,

But the upright seek his well-being.



How many times did the religious leaders and Jews of Jesus day seek His life? There is only One who we can truly say is blameless and that is Jesus. Look at these verses:



John 10:25-33

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”



Wow when I read this it seems unbelievable but we have folks who do the same to Jesus today spiritually. On the other hand we have those who stand firm for our Lord like the Apostle Paul. Always standing up for Jesus even unto death!



Acts 14:19-20



19 Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul and dragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead. 20 However, when the disciples gathered around him, he rose up and went into the city. And the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.



Why was Paul stoned? For standing up for the upright...Jesus Christ!



So this morning we need to ask ourselves....are we standing for The Blameless? Are we standing for Jesus?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment