Thursday, March 15, 2012

As the Lord commanded!

Leviticus 8:4



4 So Moses did as the Lord commanded him. And the congregation was gathered together at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.





I have been reading in the book of Leviticus. In chapter 8 which I read yesterday we see the consecration(set aside for God's service) of Aaron and his sons for the priesthood. The consecration ceremony was done by Moses. What read jumped out to me was this statement "as the Lord commanded". I counted 8 times this is said of Moses in this chapter. So it brought to mind this thought.....do I do what the Lord commands me? It is a question we all need to ask ourselves. Some may ask well what does the Lord command of me? Well the Bible is full of commandments, this is why we must be in the Word daily. So many folks feel the Bible is a book of God just telling us what to do, but that is not the right outlook for us to have. In reality God does give us commandments but it is for our own good. He knows what will make us the most fullfilled in life and that is why He gives us the commandments, because He loves us!



So this morning think about your obedience to God, are you being like Moses and doing as the Lord commands?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment