Monday, March 12, 2012

Is anything too hard for the Lord?

A great reminder for us to start the week off with:



Genesis 18:14



14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”



At this point in the Bible the Lord has just told Abraham that Sarah would have a baby even though both He and Sarah were way past child barring years. Matter of fact both Sarah and Abraham laughed when they heard this news from God!



Genesis 18:12



12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, “After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?”



Genesis 17:17



17 Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, “Shall a child be born to a man who is one hundred years old? And shall Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?”



For some odd reason it makes me feel better when I see that the great man of the Bible Abraham had doubts then when I have them I am not alone! God then makes it very clear to both Abraham and Sarah...Nothing is too hard for God!



I don't know about you my friends but I need to hear that this morning! My God can do anything that HE desires. I have to remember that! Sometimes what we want is not what God wants and if God don't want it then I don't either even if I think I do!!!!!



Thank you Lord for being in complete control and help me to accept your will and never doubt you no matter what!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment