Friday, March 30, 2012

Excited!

Tomorrow is the opening day of Turkey season here in Tennessee and I have been getting all of my stuff ready to go hunt them them thunder chickens in the morning. As I was getting ready a thought hit me...am I this excited about Jesus? A question we may all need to ask ourselves.



Psalm 35:9

And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; It shall rejoice in His salvation.

John 15:11

“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

John 17:13

But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.

Romans 14:17

for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Romans 15:13

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 5:22

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,



As I looked into the scripture this morning pondering this question about being excited about Jesus I discovered that my excitement about Jesus is my lifestyle! Yes I am excited about having Christ in my life and being able to share Him with others! That is what this jot mentioned in the verses above is all about! While my hunting trip in the morning will bring an exciting time it will pass in a short amount of time but the joy of having Jesus by my side every second of everyday will last for eternity!



So thank God for the reminder this morning of the joy Jesus brings everyday!



Good luck in the morning to you turkey hunters!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment