Thursday, April 26, 2012

All this time.

Song 3 of songs that have spoken to my heart. My parents divorced when I was two years old. I have dealt with a separated family all my life. Yesterday I had the opportunity to share this song I have picked for today to a young lady who is in college and her mom and dad are going through a divorce. Needless to say it has rocked her world. She sent me a note back telling me this was exactly what she needed to hear. Britt Nicole wrote this song as she recalled her feelings when her parents divorced when she was seven years old....I believe it speaks to all troubling situations not just divorce. God tell us in His Word that when we have put our faith and trust in Jesus he never leaves us! What a comfort that is! Psalm 9:10 And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Psalm 10:17 O LORD, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. Thank you Jesus for being with me all this time. I am unworthy but oh so thankful. Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment