Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Holy Week #3

Strangely enough the Bible records nothing about the events on Wednesday. This gives us time to think about that big day from yesterday! What I want us to take time to think about from yesterday is Judas agreeing to betray out Lord.



Matthew 26:14-16



Judas Agrees to Betray Jesus

14 Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15 and said, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver Him to you?” And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver. 16 So from that time he sought opportunity to betray Him.



For thirty pieces of silver? This was the common price given for a slave in these times! Judas has been with Jesus for a long time now. Just like the other disciples he had heard the teachings and seen the miracles. The disciples apparently thought Judas was a pretty good fellow as when Jesus told them the betrayer was among them they didn't know who it was.



This makes me do some serious thinking. Only God knows ones heart. We can fool many folks into thinking we are followers of Jesus. Am I a betrayer of my Lord? Only I and God can answer that. It is my responsibility to make sure I am right with God and living my life in complete obedience!



Don't be a Judas!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment