Wednesday, April 18, 2012

God is in control

Yesterday I went to Vanderbilt to visit a young man who had become very sick. He had no energy, could not eat and his blood count was very low. After running tests they found out he has leukemia. His name is Justin Fletcher. Please keep him in your prayers. He is 14 years old. The doctors believe they have found it early enough that it will be treatable. I was doing some thinking yesterday about this situation and many more that I know about. Many times we want to get mad at God for things like this. I know I do. In reality though it is not God's fault it is ours. Sinful man. This world of ours was perfect at one time....the way God designed it. Mankind sinned and forever changed this world. Because of our sin death, sickness, corruption, lies, and all others sins have corrupted this world. Don't blame God, look in the mirror.



I do have good news though. God still loves us even in our sins. He has provided redemption for all through His Son Jesus. Jesus died on that cross to pay for our sins....to take our place for what we have done. All we have to do is call upon the name of Jesus to be our Lord and Savior. Have you done that? It is THE ONLY HOPE we have and it is all we need! So this morning God is still in complete control as He has always been, He has a plan for us, once again as it was in the beginning, the ball is in our court. What are you gonna do?



Proverbs 19:21



21 There are many plans in a man’s heart,

Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand.



Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.



Isaiah 45:7



7 I form the light and create darkness,

I make peace and create calamity;

I, the Lord, do all these things.’



Revelation 4:11



11 “You are worthy, O Lord,

To receive glory and honor and power;

For You created all things,

And by Your will they exist and were created.”



John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.



Psalm 115:3



3 But our God is in heaven;

He does whatever He pleases.



Romans 9:21

21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?



Joshua 24:15

15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment