Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I can only imagine.

The devotional song for today, as I continue the series on songs that speak to my heart, has been around for several years now. Every time I hear it the song brings out many emotions and thoughts. First, heaven is a place we should long for. We were created to be with God and oh what a day that will be! Second, I can't wait to see loved ones who have passed on and have trusted in Christ as Savior. So sit back and worship as you listen to this song: "I can only imagine" by Mercy Me Many fear death but when we are in Christ we have nothing to fear but everything to look forward to! John 14:2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Matthew 6:19-21 19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 7:21 [ I Never Knew You ] “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Matthew 10:32-33 32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. 2 Corinthians 5:1 [ Assurance of the Resurrection ] For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. Ephesians 2:6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, Hebrews 11:16 But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. 1 Peter 1:3-5 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. Wow....I can only imagine! Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment