Monday, October 15, 2012

Serving others! GREAT JOB TNDEER!




One of the best ways we can live out our faith is by serving others. A group of friends of mine did this very thing on Saturday. I am a proud member of www.tndeer.com It is like a family. We joke, we talk about all kinds of hunting, we disagree about politics lol, we pray for one another, and as we seen this past weekend we help one another. Now I don't know the beliefs of all these men and women but I do know many are followers of Jesus like myself. Let me give you the details of this weekend.



We at tndeer have a friend named Curtis. Curtis is wheel chair bound. That doesn't stop Curtis from living life to the fullest. Curtis has recently had some other health problems build up. A life threatening blood clot in his leg, and some other infections have kept Curtis in the hospital or in bed at home for several weeks. Curtis has been wanting to get a deck built at his house for some time now but with the health issues he just couldn't get it done. So the family at tndeer pulled together and went to Curtis's house Saturday and worked all day and built his deck!!! Finished, done, complete! These fine folks fulfilled this verse:



Galatians 5:13

For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.



I wish I could have been there myself Saturday but I wasn't. I did pray for this group and for Curtis that he will get well soon. My friends if we would take these men and women's example and serve others this world would be a much better place. They world would see Jesus through our love in serving others. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about what you all have done for Curtis. I want to personally thank those who served, I am honored to call you my friends! Keep up the good work!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment