Monday, October 22, 2012

Struggles!




It seems I am in a time of my life where so many people that I love and care about are struggling with various things. The big item seems to be cancer. I have an Uncle and a step sister who are giving it there all against cancer. Several friends who are also battling cancer. Then I have several folks in my life who are battling other sicknesses. Then there are those who are battling spiritual sickness, not having a relationship with Jesus which is the WORST SICKNESS of all.



So what do we do about all this? I have 3 suggestions for us this morning as I know many of you are struggling with the same things I am this morning.



1. Pray.



Matthew 18:20

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”



God is listening to His followers. Pour your heart out to God. Join with your brothers and sisters at church and pour your heart out to God.



1 Thessalonians 5:17

pray without ceasing



Keep praying yourself every time you can. Our God loves us, he hears us, and he will answer!



2. Know God is in control.



Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.



One thing we must remember is what God decides is good and best may not always be what we think is best. God is much smarter than we are. He loves us more than we can fathom and what ever He decides we must give Him glory and honor!



3. Trust God



I will be the first to say this is very hard when you or a loved one is suffering. We often want to question God instead of trusting Him. Resist that temptation to not trust!



2 Samuel 22:31

As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.



Psalm 62:8

Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.



1 Timothy 4:10

For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.



Oh my brothers and sisters, struggles are here, the devil wants us to lose hope and faith in our God, but I agree wholeheartedly with the scripture that says:



Joshua 24:15c

But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord



Pray for me as I pray for you my friends!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment