Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Are you willing to do anything God asks?




Watching the Bible Series reminded me of what a great man of God Abraham was. He did so many things God asked that was way out of our comfort zones. This is the biggest in my opinion. God told Abraham to sacrifice his only son that he had with Sarah. Which brought me to this thought: Am I willing to do anything God asks of me? How about you?



Genesis 22:9-12

9 When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. 11 But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” 12 He said, “Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me.”



Abraham had such a faith in God that he was willing to do the hardest thing anyone could ask...sacrifice his son. Wow. Would I for God? I can say I would but would I? Abraham was willing and about to when God stopped him and provided a ram for the sacrifice!



This is a picture of what God has done for us in Jesus. Sending His only Son to die on the cross for our sins. God did not stop though...Jesus was sacrificed for our sin! I still am amazed by that. My sin....Jesus died for my sin not his own. All that God asks is that we ask Jesus to be Lord and Savior of our life. Many are not willing to do that let alone serve Him with their lives like Abraham.



God help us to be willing and faithful to do whatever you ask of us in our lives for you are worthy of our obedience!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment