Thursday, March 28, 2013

Is God's Word the Finale Authority?




Wow I was really disheartened yesterday. What a sad state we are at in the United States. My devotion was about marriage and homosexuality and I expected to have some resistance but not like I got. The non-believers don't bother me because they don't believe God's Word. What does bother me is those who claim to be Christians who flat out argue and believe in outright contradiction to God's Word. So that brings me to my Question for today, Is God's Word the Finale authority in your life?



For me it is. What God says goes. It is the ultimate truth and finale authority. If I find my life going in opposition to the Word it is my responsibility to repent of my sin and with the power of the Holy Spirit head in the opposite direction of that sin. So lets look at a few scriptures about God's Word:



Isaiah 55:11

11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;

It shall not return to Me void,

But it shall accomplish what I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.



Psalm 119:89



89 Forever, O Lord,

Your word is settled in heaven.



Deuteronomy 4:2

2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.



Revelation 22:18-19

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.



Hebrews 4:12-13

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.



Matthew 24:35

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.



John 8:31

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.



Matthew 4:4

4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”



As you can see from this small sample from God's Word it is obvious of who we had better listen to....God! Not man. No telling how many times I have heard folks say "I think" and then state something contradictory to God's Word. Excuse my rudeness here but I don't care what you think, I stand on God's Word and all believers had better get this right in their hearts! God is the final authority not man.



Oh and by the way, when we stand upon and defend God's Word we are not judging we are doing what Jesus said to do and He told us we would face persecution for it so be ready!



So my brothers and sisters, is God's Word THE FINALE AUTHORITY in your life? It better be for whom else knows more than God?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment