Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Transformed!!!! Are you?




The bible clearly teaches than when we receive Christ as Lord and Savior a transformation starts taking place. Some changes happen right away and other changes happen over time as we learn more about the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus. Here are a couple of examples of scripture that tell us this very thing:



Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.





2 Corinthians 3:18

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.



So we need to ask ourselves this morning, have I been transformed or am I being transformed to be like Jesus. Here are few things that should take place in our lives:



1. Mind Change! Our thoughts should change. We should be focusing on the things of God and what he wants us to be doing. Pure, Holy thoughts! Trying to obtain the mind of Christ! If you put garbage in it is hard to have pure thoughts! Remember that!



2. Desires Change! Worldly things out...Godly things in! A good example of this is church. Some ask why are you at church every time the door is open? Because I want to! My desires have changed! I use to go just when I did not have anything better to do, now I go because I love God and and his people and I want to be at church! My desires have changed!



3.Wills Change! Our wills are to please God not self. Go where Jesus says and do what Jesus says! Plain and simple.



4. Relationships Change! New friends. Old friends tend to leave because of your change to be like Christ. I did not want my old friends to leave but they could not handle the change. So I still love them and try to tell them about Jesus but sadly relationships change. Key here is to continue to love all.



5.Possessions Change! Idols will be removed from our lives and replaced with godly things. We must remember anything we put before God becomes an idol. For example tv instead of quiet time in the Word or prayer. Sports instead of getting our children trained up in the Lord. Sports and tv in themsleves are not bad but when we put them before God they become idols.



So let us look this morning and examine ourselves and see if we are transformed or if no changes have been made!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment