Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Bible Series on History Channel Sunday nights







This was the most watched cable program on Sunday night this past week. Many have asked my opinion on the show. Overall I though it was very good. They took some liberties of course on how some of the interpretations may have played out. I didn't agree with everything that was played out but again overall I thought it was awesome. It is a great opportunity to bring to the world, God's Word. It shows both believers and non-believers the faith of our forefathers and how our faith should be in God. We are weak in our faith compared to someone like Abraham! You may say how can you say that! Well if God told to you to pack up and leave your home right now and not even tell you where you are going, would you do it? If God said sacrifice your child, would you do it? Like I said we are weak compared to our forefathers of the faith!



It was also a great time to get our families together and watch the Bible play out. My daughter asked many questions and made many comments during the show. It kept her attention. She is 9. Don't miss this great opportunity to spend time with your family and learn about God at the same time!



I heard many folks share their displeasure with the skipping of many parts of the bible. I wish they hadn't either but at the same time it is my understanding it is only 10 hours long. So it is very hard to get all that is in the bible played out in 10 hours. So we have to give them a little break on that.



So with that said, tune in this Sunday or record it like I did and watch the bible played out before your eyes! If you missed the first episode it will be on many more times and you can see it online to if I am not mistaken. It is a 5 part mini-series of 2 hour episodes.



It would be awesome for a revival to break out because of this show! Pray for it!



Let me know what you thought about I would like to hear!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment