Friday, March 1, 2013

Believe or Relationship?




This is a very important point this morning for our faith in Christ. There are many folks who believe in Jesus, but their must be more than a simple belief. There must be a relationship, a trust in Jesus as your Savior. Let me show you what I mean:



James 2:19

19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder!



You see here that even demons believe God and Jesus are one, but are demons saved? No! A simple belief that Jesus is God without trusting Him as your Lord and Savior is not enough. Now lets look at some evidence of what Jesus says:



Matthew 16:24

[ Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus ] Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.



Jesus himself says here part of what is required to be a follower....deny self, take up cross, and follow. To deny self is more that a simple belief that Jesus is God, you have to have a relationship with Him, a trust, a love.



Matthew 10:37

Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.



With just a simple belief in Jesus, nobody will love Jesus more than family, it takes a loving relationship. Do you love Jesus more than your family? He is God after all!



Mark 10:21

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”



With just a simple belief in Jesus no one would be willing to sell all they have and follow Jesus! Would you be willing too?



John 14:23

Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.



Jesus makes it clear here that if we love Him we will keep His Word, His commandments! When we we do we will be loved and God will be with us throughout eternity! Oh what God news. But again you see the point, for us to be obedient to the Word of God takes more that just a ho-hum belief that Jesus is God, it takes commitment and deep faith in Jesus as our Lord and Savior!



I hope I got this point across clearly. Many in the church and in society will say yes I believe in Jesus, but so do the demons. The key is have you put your faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior and committed you love, trust, and life to Him and Him ONLY!



Take some time to think about this, eternity is at stake!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment