Monday, April 15, 2013

Family Time!

 photo IMG_20130413_070137_053_zps5875a3a0.jpg


Sorry I missed a couple of devotions last week. My dad came in from Michigan and we did some hunting and fishing together. Then this weekend my son, my dad, and I went turkey hunting on Saturday and we doubled! It was also my son's first turkey. It was a great day. I say all that to tell you make sure you are making it a priority to spend time with your parents and your children. Sadly time flies and we are only here for a short time on this old earth of ours. My kids are growing up fast and my dad is getting older, how many more times will we have together in the woods, cutting up, laughing, hunting, going to church, and eating together? Only God knows!

It is a great time to talk about God too! "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up" (Deuteronomy 6:5-8) Many things are important in life but nothing is more important than making sure God is the center of your families life. While we got to hunt, fish, and spend time together the most important thing we did is go to worship Jesus together at church! Nothing tops that!

I will close with this, the examples we set for our kids will most likely be the standards they set for themselves in their lives:

Proverbs 22:6
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Oh Lord I thank you for my parents, my children, and my wife. May you bless all who read this morning and help them to apply it to their lives if they are not doing so already. After you Lord, family is of utmost importance. I love you Jesus and thank you for giving your all for me.

Tom

P.S. I thought the picture was pretty cool of my son and dad walking out of the wood Saturday morning after the Lord blessed my son with his first turkey and my dad and I were there to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment