Monday, May 13, 2013

Looking out for others!!!




I don't tear up often. Don't ask why, just the way I am made I guess. This did it for me. Don't just watch the video but read the story too.





I have no idea what Matt Kemp's faith is, or even if He has any(he did mention God), but I do know one thing....I am a fan of his now. To take time for someone who is very sick and to give him the shirt of his back, well is something the bible tells us to do...look here:

Hebrews 13:16

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.


Philippians 2:4

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.


Galatians 6:2

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.


Acts 20:35

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”


You see everyday we have the opportunity to help those around us, especially those who are in need or are sick. Jesus love is shown through this. Way to go Matt Kemp!


So as I close, when is the last time your light has shown for Jesus? For me, I need to get busy!


Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment